Philippines’ President Rodrigo Duterte Had 60 luxury cars smashed by a bulldozer
Philippines’ President Rodrigo Duterte had 60 luxury cars smashed by a bulldozer just to prove a point. This is exactly how this over the edge Asian-version of a much worst Donald Trump looks like.
In Philippines’ Cagayan province, the country’s president decided to make a statement against smuggled cars and motorcycles. He decided that all the smuggled vehicles have to be destroyed by a bulldozer, rather than selling them off at a public auction where they would have definitely been of more use to the public and the local economy.
However, totalitarian presidents will do what totalitarian presidents do. The haul of luxury cars and motorcycles was worth $4 million and it included a Porsche, Lamborghini, Mercedes Benz and a Harley Davidson motorcycle.
This entire action is part of Duterte’s strict anti-crime policy which also lead to thousands of Filipinos being incarcerated and even killed.
- Here’s Singapore’s Luxury Car Vending Machine
- How Different Prison Cells Look Like Around The World
- Every Country In The World Is Named After One Of These Four Things
- Chinese Mass-Market Electric Vehicle (EV) Startup Got $1 Billion in Funding
Speaking about his decision, the president said that it was mandatory “to show to the world that we have a viable place of investment and business.”
- World Leaders Portrayed As Poor Refugees
- New $4 Million Submarine Unveiled by Aston Martin
- Here’s What North Koreans Think Of America (VIDEO)
- 10 Incredible Facts About Dubai That Will Definitely Take You By Surprise
What’s the best solution in this situation? What do you think countries should do with smuggled goods if they can still be used? Should they be destroyed or sold off?