Funny-Looking Album Cover MashUps From The 1980s and 90s
Album covers were really a thing back during the 1980s and 90s. And as a result of that, there fairly many of them made. And as with everything that was made in a large number and variety, some of them were good, while others, less so. But whatever the case may be, Christian Marclay, a Swiss New York-based modern artist and composer came up with an idea to create funny album cover mashups.
If you were ever curious how Michael Jackson would look like with lady’s legs, or how David Bowie would have looked like if he had the body of a woman, then here’s your chance. And to be fair, Christian Marclay had a lot of source material to choose from. As we’ve said before, the 80s and 90s was the time when album covers were really a thing. Now, this doesn’t mean that there aren’t such things today, but it probably would be harder for Marclay to do these album cover mashups with what’s on the market today. Not impossible, mind you, but harder. In any case, feast your eyes on his creations here and we hope that you will enjoy them.
What do you think about those mashups? Funny, right? Please leave us your opinion in the comment section below. In the meantime, here are some other stories you might like:
- The Worst Album Covers Ever Created
- Hunting Down Original Album Cover Locations In London
- The Worst Christian Music Covers Of All Time
- Scary Illustrations That Will Haunt Your Dreams
- Forgotten Girl Bands From The 70s & 80s That Never Quite Made It
- Girl Rock Band Have Sex With People From The Audience After Their Shows, Based On A Golden Condom