1950s Fashion Through LIFE Magazine Covers
For over a decade during the 1950s, LIFE magazine has presented the world with the periodic updates in fashion. And that’s no easy thing either. As most of us know, fashion is ever changing. Even more interesting is the fact that we almost always tend to look at older fashion as being weird looking. And is it us here, or the older fashion gets, the better it starts to look again. For instance, take a look at fashion from the 1950s and then compare it the one during the 90s.
So, knowing that fashion goes around in cycles, take a look at these LIFE magazine covers from the 1950s and see which ones do you like, which you don’t and how much has it changed over the years. Now, even though it’s not every month, the transition in fashion is quite gradual to see the with the naked eye. There are also a lot of famous stars from that time, showing off those pieces of garment. How well do you think they went together with them?
What o you guys think about LIFE Magazine’s portrayal of 1950s fashion? Has it really changed all that much? Well, it can’t change all that much since, as we’ve said, fashion is cyclical. In any case, please leave us your opinion in the comment section below.
In the meantime, take a look at some other related stories:
- Lady Fashion from the 1960s and 1970s – It’s Better Than You Think
- Dorian Leigh – The First Fashion Supermodel from the 1950s
- The Beautiful, Beautiful Fashion Style of ‘Short Shorts’ From The 70’s
- Men’s Fashion Ads in Playboy from the 1960s and 1970s
- WWII Fashion with US Bomber Jacket Art
- Fashion Designer Creates With Only a Pair of Scissors