The Most Beautifully Detailed New York City Map
By using gold and silver foil, Mexican artist Rafael Esquer manages to design the most beautifully detailed New York City map we’ve ever seen. Inspired by the stunning works of Gustav Klimt, from his ‘Golden Period’, Rafael Esquer created a very chic poster of NYC’s best of the best.
The poster, titled ‘New York Illuminated’, is created out of tiny bits of gold and silver foil and sharp metallic inks in order to give the map its brightness and uniqueness. This original NYC map ‘portrays’ over 600 iconic destinations for tourists and locals alike, including 28 buildings, 23 celebrities, 20 media outlets, 12 cultural institutions, 11 urban legends, 10 writers, 8 sports teams, 3 superheroes, and 1 saint from The Big Apple.
“I was an undergraduate visiting from California, and arrived late in the evening. Like most people, I found the city’s lights exhilarating, but they did even more for me: I felt enveloped and connected in their glow, instantly a part of the city. I knew right then that I would live here.” explains Rafael Esquer.
Technical (and quirky) details:
New quirky details were added, too. Look for pizza-rat in the East Village, the Miracle on the Hudson, a diamond-garnished martini for only $10,000, and a few legally topless women wandering about. And around every corner, watch out for pedestrians, prams, poodles, and pretzels!
- 660 mm x 990 mm (26 inches x 39 inches)
- Luxurious, crease-resistant, black premium paper
- Custom-printed with 4 metallic inks and 2 foils
- Professionally packaged and securely shipped
- Slide™ 120 gsm by Gruppo Cordenons, Milan, Italy
- Deep, rich, soft-touch black with high contrast
- Special plastic-like surface for prestige publications International
- Standard ISO 9706 LONG LIFE; neutral pH
- Perfectly chosen for collectible posters and fine art prints
Get your hands on the most beautifully detailed New York City map right here!